국제(International)

World Taekwondo President receives Honorary Doctorate from Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale

by 김준리_기자 posted Sep 14, 2023
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기
World Taekwondo President receives Honorary Doctorate from Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale

기사 2023.09.14.(목) 3-1 (사진 1)  World Taekwondo President receives Honorary Doctorate from Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale.JPG
〈Copyright ⓒ ROKNTV 한국뉴스티브이 김준리 기자 By Reporter KIM JUN-RI = World Taekwondo President receives Honorary Doctorate from Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale / Photo provided by WT. 재판매 및 DB 금지〉

〈ROKNTV 한국뉴스티브이〉 김준리 기자 By Reporter KIM JUN-RI = World Taekwondo President Chungwon Choue was today, on Taekwondo Day, presented with an honorary doctorate by the Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale (ULCO) in recognition of his contribution to humanitarian endeavours and fostering transparent and equitable competition.  

The prestigious distinction was bestowed upon President Choue during a special ceremony in the historic city of Dunkirk, France.  

The honorary doctorate is regarded by the ULCO as the pinnacle of recognition for individuals who have chartered new territories and effected meaningful change. The UCLO cited President Choue’s work in facilitating the participation of refugee athletes in international Taekwondo competitions and his dedication to universality and advocacy for gender equality.  

Ahead of his keynote address, a number speakers spoke of President Choue’s achievements. Triple Olympic Champion and President of the Paris 2024 Organising Committee Tony Estanguet also congratulated President Choue on his accomplishments via a video message. 

Speaking at the ceremony, President Choue said : 
“I am overwhelmed with emotions as I stand here to receive this distinguished doctorate honoris causa. I wish to thank the President, Prof. Hassane Sadok and the university for this amazing opportunity. 

“For me to receive this honorary doctorate on Taekwondo Day adds to the emotions that I am feeling now. Taekwondo practitioners, or Taekwondoin, always say that Taekwondo is not just a sport or a martial art; it is a way of life. 

“Throughout my presidency in World Taekwondo, I have constantly asked myself how Taekwondo could be used to not only entertain fans and fulfil athletes’ dreams of winning medals, but also it could be used to change the lives of those who practice it. That is the basis and enduring legacy of my presidency: Peace is more precious than triumph.” 

Under President Choue’s presidency, World Taekwondo has established itself as the leading International Federation in the Olympic and Paralympic Movements in terms of humanitarian and social development activities. Peace initiatives include the Taekwondo Peace Corps, the Taekwondo Humanitarian Foundation, and the Taekwondo Cares programme.  

The ULCO spans four urban areas in France – Boulogne-Sur-Mer, Calais, Dunkirk, and Saint-Omer – and recognises the profound influence of sports with its Bachelor’s programme in the Science and Technique of Physical and Sports Activities (STAPS) boasting significant success within the French university landscape. 

기사 2023.09.14.(목) 3-2 (사진 2)  World Taekwondo President receives Honorary Doctorate from Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale.JPG
〈Copyright ⓒ ROKNTV 한국뉴스티브이 김준리 기자 By Reporter KIM JUN-RI = World Taekwondo President receives Honorary Doctorate from Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale / Photo provided by WT. 재판매 및 DB 금지〉

기사 2023.09.14.(목) 3-3 (사진 3)  World Taekwondo President receives Honorary Doctorate from Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale.JPG

기사 2023.09.14.(목) 3-4 (사진 4)  World Taekwondo President receives Honorary Doctorate from Universite du Littoral Cote d'Opale.JPG

김준리 기자 By Reporter KIM JUN-RI
세계로 도약하는 글로벌 미디어 뉴스―
ROKNTV 한국뉴스티브이 SINCE 2009.
The Republic of Korea News Television Broadcast
▶ Homepage : www.rokntv.com
▶ Twitter : http://twitter.com/roknewstv
▶ Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/roknewstv
▶ Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-sfYzWL3-Y7l4gzpIn7ZQ
▶ Write Email Reports(뉴스제보) : rokntv@daum.net

〈이 저작물은 출판, 방송, 재작성 또는 무단 전재 및 재배포할 수 없습니다. 저작권자 ⓒ한국뉴스티브이 ROKNTV〉
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Copyright ⓒ2009~2023 The Republic of Korea News Television Broadcast(ROKNTV), All rights reserved.

#WorldTaekwondoPresident #HonoraryDoctorate #UniversiteduLittoraCote d'Opale #뉴스제보NewsReport #후원기부하기SupportDonationVolunteersSponsor #광고문의AdvertiseAdvertizement #기사구독하기SubscriptionToTheRokntv #ROKNTV한국뉴스티브이 #RepublicOfKoreaNewsTV #한국뉴스티브이RepublicOfKoreaNewsTelevisionBroadcasting #기자김준리ReporterKimJunRi #뉴스미디어NewsMedia #기자ReporterWriterPress #언론보도Journalist #신문NewspaperPress #방송Broadcasting #보도ReportsNewsReportInformation #미디어Media #매스미디어MassMedia #인터넷Internet #소셜미디어SocialMedia #기사Article #오피니언Opinion #사회뉴스SociaNews #정치뉴스PoliticsNews #경제뉴스EconomyNews #국제뉴스InternationalNews #문화뉴스CultureNews #생활뉴스LifeNews #스포츠뉴스SportsNews #건강뉴스HealthNews #장애인뉴스DisabledNews #노인뉴스SeniorCitizensNews #태권도뉴스TaekwondoNews #무술뉴스MartialArtsNews #포토뉴스PhotoNews #동영상뉴스VideoNews 

✔  김준리_기자 님의 최근 작성글