태권도(Taekwondo)

World Taekwondo President’s Message for Taekwondo Day for the Global Taekwondo Family

by 채정희편집국장 posted Oct 08, 2021
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
World Taekwondo President’s Message for Taekwondo Day for the Global Taekwondo Family

기사 2021.10.06.(수) 7-0 (사진) 조정원 세계태권도연맹 총재 WT President Chungwon Choue .jpg
〈ROKNTV 한국뉴스티브이 채정희 편집국장 By Executive Editor CHAE JEONG-HUI = 조정원 세계태권도연맹 총재 / 재판매 및 DB 금지〉

TAEKWONDO DAY

Dear World Taekwondo Family,

On Taekwondo Daythis year, although we cannot organize any celebratory ceremonies or events, we celebrate our perseverance against the COVID-19 pandemic and other global issues that challenge the spirit of the Taekwondo movement.

We also take this opportunity to remember our dear friends and families whom we have lost over the past year. They may not be with us anymore, but their legacies and memories will guide us as we look ahead.

Taekwondo is truly a universal sport, not just in the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games programmes, but also as a medium for advancing humanity. 

At the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, a total of 21 nations secured the 32 medals at stake, including nations winning their first ever Olympic medals. At Taekwondo’s debut in the Paralympic Games, the 24 medals were won by 17 nations.

The medal distribution highlights Taekwondo’s universality and also the high level of our sport worldwide. In addition, 14 Taekwondo athletes from 13 National Olympic Committees had the honour as flag-bearers during the Opening Ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Taekwondo wasalsothe third-most represented sport in terms of refugee athletes at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, and there was a refugee Taekwondo athlete at the Paralympic Games.

As noted by The New York Times, Taekwondois “generous” andcreates a pathway for countries that rarely have a chance to shine on the international sporting scene. 

When Para Taekwondo athlete Zakia Khudadadi appealed to the world for help due to the chaotic situation in Afghanistan, World Taekwondo worked behind the scenes with organisations like the Centre for Sports and Human Rights, the International Paralympic Committee, and governments to help secure her safety and help her fulfil her dreams of competing in the Paralympic Games. 

We also managed to bring a Para Athletics athlete out, and have been trying to secure as many athletes and officials as we can, either through our direct efforts or in support of others. I would like to thank some individuals who I unfortunately cannot name here, but who have put the lives of Zakia ahead of theirs.

Just as importantly, Taekwondo serves to entertain. I am proud that our World Taekwondo Demonstration Team has wowed the judges and fans of America’s Got Talent. Through their dedication, they have shown that Taekwondo can inspire and entertain. I wish them well in the Finals.

My dear colleagues, dear Taekwondoin around the world, during this difficult period, World Taekwondo has worked even harder to ensure that Taekwondo prospers. We will continue to do our best to ride through this challenging time in human history. 

We will emerge as a sport and organisation, stronger together. Thank you as I ask for your continued dedication and passion.

Sincerely yours,

Chungwon Choue
President

기사 2021.10.06.(수) 7-1 (로고) 세계태권도연맹 WT .JPG
〈ROKNTV 한국뉴스티브이 채정희 편집국장 By Executive Editor CHAE JEONG-HUI = 세계태권도연맹 로고 / 재판매 및 DB 금지〉

채정희 편집국장 
By Executive Editor CHAE JEONG-HUI
ROKNTV 한국뉴스티브이 SINCE 2009
Republic of Korea News Television
E-mail : rokntv@daum.net 

〈저작권자 ⓒ 2009-2021 한국뉴스티브이 ROKNTV, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지〉 
Copyright ⓒ 2009-2021 Republic of Korea News Television(ROKNTV), All rights reserved.

#WorldTaekwondo #Message #TaekwondoDay #PresidentChungwonChoue #태권도의날 #한국뉴스티브이 #편집국장채정희 #뉴스 #언론보도 #기자 #미디어 #기사 #RepublicOfKoreaNewsTelevision #ROKNTV #RokNewstTv #ExecutiveEditorChaeJeongHui #News #Reporter #Media #Press #Journalist

✔  채정희편집국장 님의 최근 작성글